Edited to add: Did you miss the event at the College of Southern Maryland in Charles County on antibiotics? Check out the full video of the discussion on Facebook Live from the Fair Farms Maryland page.
Maryland’s Challenge: Antibiotic Resistance, Public Health & The Future of Agriculture
College of Southern Maryland, 8730 Mitchell Road, La Plata
Thursday, November 17 ~ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Please join the Maryland Campaign to Keep Antibiotics Working for a fun and informative evening of learning and dialogue.
Click here to RSVP or fill out the form below.
The event has ended. RSVP has been closed.
5:30-6:00 p.m. light refreshments provided
6:00-7:30 p.m. program and discussion
• Kathleen Merrigan, Executive Director of Sustainability at the George Washington University, former U.S. Deputy Secretary and Chief Operating Officer of the U.S. Department of Agriculture
• Matthew Ferreira, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine & MPH
• Mae Wu, Senior Attorney, Health Program, Natural Resources Defense Council
• Nsedu Obot Witherspoon, MPH, Executive Director for the Children’s Environmental Health Network
• Brian Wort of PA Bowen Farmstead in Brandywine
Peter F. Murphy, President, Charles County Board of County Commissioners
• Fair Farms
• Natural Resources Defense Council
• Maryland PIRG
• Clean Water Action
• Maryland Environmental Health Network
• Sierra Club Maryland Chapter
The event is free and open to the public.
After brief presentations from the panelists there will be a Question and Answer period during which time the community may ask questions of the presenters.
To request ASL for the event or for other questions, please contact email@example.com
Click here for directions.